Checkups & Cleanings
Regular checkups and cleanings prevent gum disease and tooth decay. Planning your cleaning and checkup every 6 to 8 months is the easiest and best way to prevent painful surprise dental problems and unexpected expenses. Our dental hygienists listen to you and work with you to give you the best possible care, keep your mouth healthy and benefit your overall health and quality of living.
Mild irritation and problems like tooth sensitivity, and swollen, bleeding gums are actually early indicators of more serious dental problems and gum disease. If you’re on the fence about booking a checkup and have any concerns, mild or otherwise, about your dental health, we strongly recommend booking your next appointment today.
Preventative & Routine Care
Checkup’s and routine cleanings aren’t just about keeping your smiling bright and white. Planning out preventative and routine care plays a significant role in your health and prevents tooth decay and other dental complications. Early detection is crucial and can mean less extensive and expensive treatment. Compliment your at-home care with chairside guidance.
Your cleaning and checkup will include:
- Before your check-up, we will review your chart and history to quickly find any problem areas or identify troubling patterns.
- We will ask you about your own experiences with your oral health and overall health. There are many medical conditions and medications outside of the mouth which can affect your oral health.
- Your head and neck will be gently examined for abnormalities.
- We will take a close look at your tongue, gums, teeth and all other areas of your mouth with a special focus on the gumline.
- We may take prescribed x-rays if previous x-rays are outdated or there are signs of problems we can’t see on the surface.
- We will give your teeth a deep clean by scaling stuck-on plaque and tartar where it has hardened, beneath the gumline and in other hard to reach places.
- After hard and soft deposits have been cleaned away, we will polish your teeth to remove stains and to bring out the best of your smile.
- We will update you on your personal oral care and answer any questions you have about your oral health and what you can do to stay happy and healthy.
Questions & Answers
What Our Patients Are Saying
Monday: 9am – 5pm
Tuesday: 9am – 5pm
Wednesday: 9am – 5pm
Thursday: 9am – 5pm
Friday: 9am – 2pm